Monday, May 18, 2015

Time for a rant

One of the symptoms of PTSD is irritability and out bursts of anger. Now I was going to write about other stuff. I was really, I promise I was. But I had to run to the store, and I used the SO's car, not my own that has the antenna removed from the radio. My SO's car has all the bells and whistles. Bluetooth this, and sub-woofer that. It is beyond irritating for me. I drive it because after 2 hours of traffic I am unable to drive my manual car.

Ok so back story complete, moving on. So I was pulling out and the stereo was on a different station than what I had left it on, now I know its not my car and that shouldn't bother me. And it wouldn't have except she listens to her spotify on her phone. So there should have been no reason for the station to change.

But it did, and that bothered me, it bothered me because it was on a random station that plays "The Biggest Hits of Today!". Now if you're old enough to remember when MTV was actually Music TV and music had a purpose, and a meaning. If you're old enough to remember when songs had a message, or if you can even understand that songs can have a meaning then you can understand why I got irritated.

Music today is garbage. Its pathetic excuses for adults yelling incoherent nonsense over techno beats, rhyming words with the same words. I don't know why, I don;t really care why either, but "todays" music bothers me, it makes me very angry. No offence to anyone when I say this, but:

Dear Nikki Minaj, nigga does not rhyme with nigga. Saying it 20 times in a song does not make that a song. Or a rhyme. Or a rap. That is not how songs work, please go away. Thank you.

Today's music is a trigger for me. I hear the inane and misdirected "Idols" of the music industry and I get angry. I get angry because there was a time when we sang songs, or listened to music that meant something. And today's "hits" are glorifying things that should never, ever be glorified.

"I'm in love with the Coco" REALLY? This is the message you want to tell the world, tell your children, tell your friends? There was a day when we used to kick the shit out of crack heads, and put them in rehab. Now we give them a record deal? WTF?!



  

No comments :

Post a Comment