Friday, June 12, 2015

A week off is what I needed

So I got laid off, I sorta quit before the end date and I would have been walked off the property. Anyways I have had a week off, and it has been a stressful week. I have done more work in this last week than the last month at my previous job. From paperwork, to taxi-ing people around, and even a few treasure hunts of my own, I managed to stay busy and not sleep the whole time.

Which is what I wanted to do.

But with bills piling up, stress rising, and that new job looming over my head. It is time to get back to work. I have had the time off I needed, badly. But it also gets boring for me. I haven't posted everyday, but I am still sticking to writing everyday. On top of that I completed several projects in my shop. My hands ache, my back is sore, and I am tired.

But it was the break I needed to find my center once again.

Through out this week I have shared my projects, my writing, and my plans with others. The resounding reply was "I wish I could find time, to do stuff like that". Now, YES, I did have a week off, but I think we all need to take a break sometimes and clear our heads. Find time to dedicate to ourselves. Now I am not saying we all just skip picking the kids up from soccer, or not cooking dinner a few nights a week to make jewelry or whatever your passion may be. I am saying, instead of vegging out in front of the TV, instead of wasting time on our phones, or whatever your distraction is in life, take a break.

Years ago, I sold my TV. That's right, I am one of those weirdos without a TV. I occasionally watch Netflix, or go to the movies. But I stopped watching TV, completely. Once I did that, I realized how much time was wasted, sitting there watching the same predictable story lines. Now I create my own. I used to waste hours online, reading, and stressing over the "current affairs" of the world in the nightly news. Now I refuse to watch the news, I truly think it's just another drama fabricated by mass media, but that is my own craziness.

Over the last week I haven't thought of the coming doom, and gloom of the world. I haven't dwelled on the negativity that is forced on us on a daily basis. I have spent that last week clearing my mind, and having as little exterior stimuli as possible. I have focused on interior out put instead. I have meditated in my own way (I'll post about that in a future post, it's saved as a draft). This week I learned, or rather relearned, an important lesson.

Take time to focus on yourself, without the noise. Without the bothersome, annoying input of everything, and everyone else. Let ideas, and thoughts flow out, not in. Take time to be you. We all need it.

No comments :

Post a Comment