Friday, April 17, 2015

Waxing and Waning

The first rule of blogging (if you google) from other bloggers is to post everyday. I violate this rule a lot.

For fashion blogs, or car blogs this is easy. You do some research, you write some stuff, and then you post and promote.

For PTSD blogs, and other issues in life, it's innumerably more difficult. There is an emotional, and psychological connection to our topics. The more we think about, dwell on, and work on the more it effects us. It effects us because it is always there, it is always in the forefront of our minds. I used to plan out my blogs, and pick topics. I used to spend time writing and editing.

Then PTSD kept coming and going in waves, my depression would flare up, and thoughts that are my own, but I refuse to admit are mine, would attack me. Now I struggle to get into that rhythm again. I love writing this blog, and talking with you all through the day. Your stories, and my own help us connect and grow together.

Even on the days I do not post this blog is calling my name. I sit in front of this monitor, and I pour my heart out, I say "here I am, I am broken, heal with me". I keep this blog raw, and unfiltered. Half of what I write is my own pain eating away at me, the other half is my fight to keep hope. There may be errors, or poorly structured sentences, but those are the proof that I am real. That my emotions are real, that I matter, and that my feelings matter. (Thank you, Hope)

Dark days come, and go, but so do the good. It is difficult to see the light in the darkness, but it is there. Sometimes all you need is a pesky significant other to give you space or hold you tight. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Other times you need a 15 lbs dog to stand on your throat while she lays her head on your face to get you to have a good nights sleep, to rest your light switch. (True story by the way, B.B. my service dog did just that)

Either way, as long as you keep charging forward I will be right there with you, fighting along side you.

Never give up.

Never give in.

Always choose life. 

4 comments :

  1. Blogger ate my original comment. Sigh.

    Short version: the first rule of blogging is the hardest (and I was guilty) YOU run the blog, it doesn't run you. When it begins to feel like a demanding boss requiring you to work overtime for less pay, it's time to take a step back and breath a little. Then when words move you, put them here.

    (You're welcome...I meant every word of it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yes that is the first rule, I googled a lot before I started this, and the first rule was to write everyday. I tried it, and I loved it. But the beasts of the sea caught up to me.

    Now I am working on finding that love once again.

    PS minor victory today, the VA gave me 9 months of my meds so sweet sauce!! No more VA wating lists for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Now, go outside and play...or just relax. We'll see you here when YOU feel like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already feel like hoping back on that pony, and going for a ride lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment