Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A New Hope (not Star Wars)

Today as I was commuting home, a thought struck me. I am capable of anything. I am able to do anything. Getting PTSD was the easy part, beating it is the hard part. But I know that since I lived through the worst thing that has happened to me, I can live through the struggle to undo the damage it and I have created in my life.

We have all experienced an event, or time in our life that made us feel as if we are broken. Made us feel as if we are monsters living among people. We may feel as if the world watches and judges us. Our rage at the injustice we survived may boil, and we may push those who want to help away.


But all that means we have the strength to carry on. We have the strength and the ability to be anything because we chose life then, and still do. The worst is behind us, the fight has just begun. Now I am not saying that I intend strap on a tutu and learn to dance. I am just not built for ballet. But I know that after I have knocked on the doors of nightmares and lived, I can at least find the courage to seek help, to fight the problems I have.

I am able to fight the staring and the voices. I am able to get up every day and place one foot in front of the next because my world was destroyed. After you survive the apocalypse, there isn't much that can kill you. If I am not going to die from my fears and my shattered mind, then it is time I had a good laugh as the fear tries to take me.

Thank you all for the stregnth.

No comments :

Post a Comment