Saturday, March 28, 2015

I still struggle.

Through out the years I have began to mediate more and more. A thought has crept up into the recesses of my mind. It has been a nagging thought and I can not find out why I have done this.

Being from the west coast, my earliest memories of summer are of water. Large lakes, pools, rivers, and the beach. The beautiful southern California beaches. I remember swimming, and trips to the river, I even remember going to the beach and getting a tan on Christmas day one year.

But it has been two years since I have been to the beach, two years since I have been in a body of water larger than a bathtub. And I don't know why. I try and analyse it, I try and figure it out. Nothing solid comes to mind. Except fragments of things that I know don't make sense.

I have ideas of being cut off from an escape, ideas of having a giant wall of water stopping 50% of the directions I can run. But 100% of the area danger can come from. Humans are land creatures, we are terrible water mammals. If I had to escape I would have to fight the current, swim while avoiding the danger, or run towards the land based threat.  

Water, the thing I used to love about summer has been taken. I think that this is why I can't go near water, but I can't admit it. I can't admit that even after years of being away from my event, I am still struggling with avoidance, and haven't realized it yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment