Sunday, March 15, 2015

Another bad day

Today is a day when you can literally feel your dreams burning. That warmth in your chest when you want to cry, that is the furnace burning your dreams. 

I have a dream, a dream that has followed me since I was a child. To write, would be my heaven on earth. To weave a story, not grand or epic. But a story, woven in such a way that images are painted in minds of all who hear the words upon the soft summer breeze. A story that shows the children of the world that amazing, and fantastic one-way ticket to another world, where anything is possible. Where everything is possible. 

I love stories. I love writing. I love the possibility of anything and everything. I love words, and the study of words (etymology, I even love that word). I love the idea of letting your mind drift and creating something from nothing. 

"Upon the midnight fog rode a bird, silent as the night, as dark as the full moon. It's feather rustled in flight. The ribbon tied around its foot carried a message. A message meant for star-crossed lovers. A message that words written on paper could not express. The bird flew low, and quick across the harbor."

I love the idea that those words can create so many more questions. and those questions can lead to discoveries or creations of their own. Why are the lovers separated? Why is the bird flying at night? What is the message that can not be written? 

I love words and stories, and writing because of the possibility of a better tomorrow. Life sometimes beats me down, as I am sure it does you. They way things pile up and rub you the wrong way. Writing for me is my way of combating those feelings. As I write this post I am in a dark place. But the words I am writing, and the way I am able to close everything else out. That is how I remember that there is going to be a tomorrow. I am able to remember that today has an end, as do the feelings I am having. 

When I write I am free to find a better tomorrow. And with a better tomorrow comes a new hope. Someday I will be able to say that I am a writer and author. That is my better tomorrow. That is my dream and is my happiness. 


I have started to plant the seeds of a better tomorrow, by writing manuscripts. As well as start a gofundme page. 

Help me make my dream come true.

We all have dreams, and fighting for them makes us have hope. We may never accomplish them, but that is a reward in and of itself. the process of following your dreams sets up a behavior in our minds to never give up. When we never give up PTSD can be beaten. Because together we can win. Together our dreams can be achieved.

2 comments :

  1. I am. I write every day, every chance I get. I am co-writing and blogging, and writing my own stories. I found my center, my peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment